COVID-19 NOTICE for CalvaryCC
Updated Thursday, June 25th, 2020
Some IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS concerning COVID-19 and Calvary Community Church. We are now open for Sunday morning worship services at the usual time of 10:30 AM and have placed a high priority on people’s health and safety. Please keep in mind that the following measures are intended for your protection...
In order to provide indoor services, we must bring each visitor through a screening process. We ask that you do not come to the church if:
you are experiencing a new or worsening cough, fever, difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, chest tightness, muscle aches, chills, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, digestive issues (nausea / vomiting / diarrhea / stomach pain), sore throat, headaches
have had close contact with a case of COVID-19
have had close contact with someone who is ill with respiratory symptoms and/or has travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
These rules have been set forward to us from Hastings Prince Edward Public Health and the Government of Ontario.
- The sanctuary will only be filled to 30% of its capacity during Sunday services (or other activities and events).
- When arriving at the church you can only go through the north door main entrance (exit is through the south doors of the main entrance). Before doing so you will be asked questions about your current health, you must sign in with your name and phone number, and you must put on a mask (we ask that you come with one but if you do not have one we will provide a mask for you).
- You must wear a mask when entering and exiting the building (you are permitted to remove your mask when seated during the service).
- Child care / Sunday school will NOT be available during our services. Coffee central will also not take place before our services.
- There will be no physical contact (ie. handshakes, hugs etc.) between members of different households during services and/or events and activities.
- We ask that you do not sing during our time of worship.
- There will be constant monitoring of our building by staff and leadership as well as the usual video surveillance for everyone’s peace of mind. Surfaces on doors, equipment, and other surfaces you might touch will be sanitized before and after services.
- Extra hand sanitizers will be stationed throughout the building and your hands will receive liquid sanitizer when you enter building.
- A locked offering box will be available for you to deposit your offering. Regular contact with offering plates/bags will cease immediately. Please note that email transfers to [email protected] are another great option that requires no physical contact.
- Normally we ask people to sit together. For now, however, we are asking the congregation to be spread out. It is required to have 6 feet of distance between individuals of different households. When you are seated, you must be 3 marked seats away from individuals of different households (the sanctuary pews have been fully marked with seating places). An usher will show you or your household to an assigned seat to assist with spreading out our congregation in the sanctuary).
- Washrooms are for emergency purposes only (if you leave your seat to go to the washroom you cannot return to your original seat).
- We ask that all individuals / households remain 6 feet (2 metres) apart during all times while on the Calvary Community Church premises.
We are requesting everyone’s cooperation with these changes and we will try to keep the congregation and visitors apprised of additions or deletions to this list.
Please PRAY for those who are affected by this often deadly virus worldwide, their families, and our community.
PLEASE KEEP IT SAFE — PLAY BY THE RULES... Thank you!